The comprehensive examination in Pekin, Illinois, is a process in which Dr. Michael Danner takes necessary records to provide a thorough diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment plan. This examination will include:
- Oral cancer screening: We gladly provide oral cancer screenings at each preventative care appointment. Our team is committed to the prevention of oral cancer through the early identification of pre-cancerous conditions.
- Periodontal Examination: We recommend that all adults should have the state of their periodontal health thoroughly assessed to receive accurate information about the health of their mouths. By doing this annually, you and our dentist can remain informed on your oral health and will be better able to notice any differences in your condition. We will examine your teeth, plaque, gums, bite, bone structures and other risk factors.
- Caries Exam: During this visual examination, our dentist locates areas of decay on chewing surfaces and between the teeth. We use both a clinical exam and X-ray (radiographic) findings to determine the most conservative treatment plan for your oral needs. If you have tooth decay, you may experience sensitivity to temperature, including hot and cold foods and drinks, as well as pain or discomfort.
- Occlusal Examination: The forces of your bite can sometimes affect the positioning of your jaw and teeth. During an occlusal examination, Dr. Michael Danner will evaluate the way that your teeth come together (your bite).
- TMJ Exam: Frequent indicators of TMJ include popping and clicking of the jaw, limited jaw function, pain in the neck, shoulders, and upper back, and pain and pressure in the face and ears. We provide conservative therapies that can eliminate this painful and frustrating problem.
You can learn more about each of these gentle inspections at Danner Family Dentistry in the subsequent services pages. You are welcome to speak to our office at 309-346-2145 to organize an appointment for your visit. We look forward to seeing you for our caring dentistry.