Are you aware of the effects that time has on your teeth? As with every other part of your body, your teeth can wear out over time if you do not take care of them. Luckily, there are plenty of techniques and oral health treatments you can employ to make sure your teeth will remain strong and function effectively for a lifetime. Consider the following advice about aging and dental health:
– Should you suffer an oral accident or notice any changes in your oral health, take the time to visit your dentist as soon as you can.
– Floss between your teeth daily.
– Quit any unhealthy habits in your life that can easily damage your teeth and gums, including using drugs, smoking tobacco, and chewing tobacco.
– If you have any dentures, be sure to take them out every night for cleaning.
– Schedule and attend bi-annual cleanings at your dentist twice every year.
– Wear safety gear during any manual labor or high-risk activities that threaten the health of your smile.
– When selecting a toothbrush, always look for brushes that have soft bristles.
– Brush your teeth twice daily.
– If brushing with a traditional brush is difficult, painful, or not effective, try switching to an electric toothbrush.
No matter which dental health service you choose, the real importance is the oral health benefits it can provide. If you would like Dr. Michael Danner and our team at Danner Family Dentistry to bring you in for an oral exam to determine which oral health care treatments are best for you, please contact our dentist office in Pekin, Illinois, by calling us at 309-346-2145. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for.